Pop Quiz - Subnetting Challenge
Here are some subnetting questions to get the synapses firing on a Friday:
1. What range of addresses are encompassed by the summary address 10.45.128.0/18?
2. You need to configure a new branch office LAN with at least 812 usable IP addresses. The site desktop manager wants a single range of addresses to make it easier to configure the gateway and subnet mask on the computers and printers being deployed. Your company uses the 10.0.0.0/8 address space for internal networks and the subnet 10.128.0.0/16 has been reserved for new branch office LANs (WAN links are in a different subnet). Starting with the first available network in the reserved range, what is the most efficient subnet and CIDR mask for this new branch office?
3. The following access list is filtering traffic:
access-list 1 deny 192.168.64.0 0.0.31.255
access-list 1 permit any
Which of the following addresses will not be dropped? (select all that apply)
Answers after the break:
1. C) 10.45.128.0-10.45.191.255
2. D) 10.128.0.0/22
3. C & D) These addresses are not matched by this acl: 192.168.96.1 and 192.168.127.1